Prof. Javier Tardáguila
Javier Tardáguila is Associate Professor (with accreditation for Full Professor) at the University of La Rioja and Researcher at the Instituto de Ciencias de la Vid y del Vino (Institute for Grapevine and Wine Sciences, ICVV). He is Agricultural Engineer and he got his PhD in Viticulture at the University of Padova (Italy). Tardáguila works in precision viticulture and in the application of new non-invasive technologies to the vineyard. He coordinates and is involved in several European and national research projects in viticulture. He also is the author of over 50 publications in SCI journals of international renown. He has been actively involved in the technological transfer to the wine industry in collaboration to several wineries, engineering companies and multinationals.
Dr. María Paz Diago
Post-doctoral investigator in precision viticulture.
Maria Paz Diago is PhD in Food and Agriculture Sciences and she studied a 'Master of Science in Viticulture and Enology' at the University of Davis (California, USA). She also owns a B.S. in Chemistry, B.S. in Chemical Engineering by the IQS, by the University Ramon Llull (Barcelona, Spain). Dr. Diago is specialist in new non-invasive technologies for plant phenotyping and precision viticulture. She participates in several research projects focusing on the use of non-destructive sensors in the vineyard and in several European and national research projects in viticulture. Diago is the author of over 40 publications in SCI journals.
Dr. Juan Fernández Novales
Juan Fernández is PhD with European Doctorate Mention in Biosciences and Agri-Food Sciences. He obtained a Master of Viticulture and Agri-Food, and a Master of Project and Management of Agroindustrial Plants at the University of Córdoba. He also owns a Bachelor in Technique Agricultural Engineering and Bachelor in Enology. Dr. Fernández is specialist in the application of NIRS technology and hyperspectral imaging in the agri-food field. His main research tasks in the group are the spectral pretreatment and data analysis, along with the development and evaluation of quantitative and qualitative models obtained by non-destructive proximal and contact sensors applied to precision viticulture.
PhD student in precision viticulture
Salvador Gutiérrez obtained a degree in Engineering in Computer Sciences by the University of Jaén and also obtained a Master in Soft Computing and Intelligent Systems by the University of Granada. At present, he is PhD Student in data mining applied to viticulture.
PhD student in precision viticulture
Computer scientist with a Master's degree in Data Science and Computer Engineering by University of Granada. At the present time, his research labor is focused on image processing and computer vision applied to precision viticulture.
Eugenio Moreda obtained a Master´s degree in Applied Plant Biology and a degree in Biology by Complutense University of Madrid. He also completed a Postgraduate Course in “Expert in Promotion and Management of International R&D&I projects and processes” by Technical University of Madrid (UPM). At present, his labour is focused on the study of biological assessment using machine vision systems and assistance on project management.
- Ignacio Barrio
- Dr. Borja Millán
- Dra. Clara Rey
- Dr. Juan Antonio Blanco
- Dr. Javier Baluja
- Ms. Laura Moreno
- Marjolaine Chatin. SupAgro Montpellier. France.
- Daniel Sepúlveda. Universidad de Talca. Chile.
- Miguel Marañón. Universidad de La Rioja. Spain.
- Cassandra Collins. Senior Lecturer in Viticulture. University of Adelaide. Australia
- Francisco Rovira. Associate Professor. Universidad Politécnica de Valencia. Spain.
- José Blasco. Coordinator of the Agricultural Engineering Center. Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Agrarias. Spain.
- Manfred Stoll. Head of the Department of General and Organic Viticulture. Hochschule Geisenheim University. Germany
- Pedro Melo-Pinto. Full Professor in Engineering. Universidade de Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro. Portugal.
- Roberta de Bei. Researcher. University of Adelaide. Australia.
- Samuel Ortega. Full Professor in Agricultural Engineering. Universidad de Talca. Chile.
- Sigfredo Fuentes. Lecturer in Wine Science. University of Melbourne. Australia.
- Stefano Poni. Full Professor in Viticulture. Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore. Italy.